it’s been more than two years since i co-founded cohealth with greg matthews. since then, we’ve hosted fabulous guests from companies such as intel, IDEO, metlife and the american heart association and explored current trends ranging from mental health to mobile health. just this year, we brought on board a new co-host, carol harnett, who brings with her a deep knowledge of employer benefits.
a little-known secret of our monthly chats is that we co-hosts are facilitating the chat while simultaneously talking by phone with our guests. we guide them through tweet chat logistics and point out questions from the cohealth community. in between, we often chat at greater length about the topic up for discussion. over the past few chats carol and i have realized that there’s a lot of meat in our behind-the-scenes conversation—meat we want the community to hear. so we’ve decided to pilot a radio program, the cohealth checkup, for six months to test our thinking that these more expansive conversations are not to be missed. (we also want to validate our strongly held belief that our cackles are not to be missed, either.)
about the cohealth checkup radio show
here’s how it’s going to work:
- the cohealth checkup radio show will air live the first wednesday of the month from june through november between 12 and 12:30 pm EST. (our monthly tweet chat will remain on the third wednesday of the month, from 12 to 1 pm EST.)
- listeners can listen live on the cohealth checkup blogtalkradio page, by calling in to the show or by accessing the show here on free-range each month.
- listeners can participate by posting questions and comments on twitter using our hashtag: #co_health (at some point, we plan on taking call-in listeners too).
- recorded shows will be available for listening on the cohealth checkup web page and here on free-range.
- at the end of the pilot, we’ll ask you to share your feedback and we’ll determine from that what’s next.
join june 6th’s launch show with intel’s michelle james
our first cohealth checkup will be with michelle james, intel’s health communication manager. regular cohealth participants will recognize michelle from her contribution to our tweet chats as both guest and community member. on june 6th, michelle will join us to talk about intel’s approach to annual enrollment, including the award-winning videos she created to explain high-deductible health plans to intel employees. listen to the show on the show page here, through the widget player below or by calling the listener line.
we’re excited about these deeper dives into compelling topics. please join us.